hannahp57

Domata Flour

Rate this topic

I bought some Domata Living FLour. first premixed flour our health food store has carried except pamelas. i really like pamelas (: but i wanted to try this one.

it says to take regular recipe based on wheat based flours and then just sub cup for cup. i tried this in a muffin recipe and it was awful to be quite honest.

i used the recipe and followed it to the best of my ability. my muffins were very flat and they were very mushy in the middle. not like undercooked. but like there was no volume. after letting them cool, i tried to run a knife around the edges and pull them out. the edges came out but the middle of them fell right through. blah

so my question is has anyone had success with this mix? if yes, what did you make as far as baked goods? rolls, a particular muffin recipe, cookies... etc?

i want to make something i can be sure will work next time because i hate wasting flour if i can avoid it. i was so looking forward to betty crocker worthy muffins, with the big domed top and crispy browned sides

*sigh*

any tips or advice welcome!

Well, I'm new to gluten-free baking too but I have been using Domata flour. Personally I'm not going to use it again but I don't want to waste it either. For me, it has too much rice flour. What I've been finding with my baked goods is that I need to bake longer than I think. I've even inserted toothpicks. Came out clean and still was too gummy once it had cooled for a little. So the last two things I made using Domata (cornbread and mini banana chocolate chip muffins) I baked longer and they came out well. Though, like I said, I don't much like the taste/texture of this flour mix. My kids don't have a problem though! I've heard great things about Pamela's but it seems every box I pick up has or may contain soy or dairy which I can't have. Next I'm going to try and mix up some of my own. Good luck!

i love pamelas but this bag was cheaper and curiosity always gets the best of me in the end. i have heard of better batter and orgrans brands as also being a good mix. dont know about the ingredients though... ive been hesitant to order online thus far. if i read enough good reviews though maybe i will. i am going to try some different things. maybe this mix just wasnt good for the muffin recipe i chose. thanks for the input though!!!