melissanicole

Celiac Disease And Pain After Sex

Rate this topic

Hi

I just found out this week that I have celiac disease. I have been having lots of pain after my husband and I have sex. (I just had a gynocolgist appointment and they didn't find any apparent reason for the pain, but after hearing about my digestive issues, suggested I be tested for celiac) I was just wondering if anyone else has dealth with this and if being on the gluten free diet cleared it up. I am very hopeful that this diagnosis and the diet will clear up both my digestive issues and my pain after sex. Just wondering if anyone had a similar story?

Thanks

Hi

I just found out this week that I have celiac disease. I have been having lots of pain after my husband and I have sex. (I just had a gynocolgist appointment and they didn't find any apparent reason for the pain, but after hearing about my digestive issues, suggested I be tested for celiac) I was just wondering if anyone else has dealth with this and if being on the gluten free diet cleared it up. I am very hopeful that this diagnosis and the diet will clear up both my digestive issues and my pain after sex. Just wondering if anyone had a similar story?

Thanks

What type of pain? Is it abdominal, back, vaginal, perineal? If you're tearing during sex due to dry skin, the gluten free diet won't help. Some people feel there is a relationship between diet and some sexual pain conditions, such as vulvodynia (and it's subtypes).