twe0708

Still Having Problems

Rate this topic

Diagnosed with celiac disease about 4 months ago. For those of you that have been gluten free, do you have firm bowel movements everyday now? I am firm about once or twice every two weeks and then it turns bad. This is pretty much what I eat everyday.

Salad

Kraft Thousand Island

Tomaotes

Cheddar Cheese

Onions

White or Brown Rice

Oatmeal (gluten free)

eggs

bananna

Apple with p-nut butter

Black or Kidney Beans

Chicken with Lawry's

Steak with a little salt

I now have formed BM's unless i make a mistake then I don't... 4 months is still early days yet it can take a while for things to heal.. i can't eat oats even gluten-free ones, and I'm sure others will come back with what they react to as well... I've had celiac disease since early childhood but only diagnosed for the last almost 9 years now, and I'm still making mistakes usually only when i relax my vigilence.... such as not seeing which free flow agent they use in salt/spice... I use sea salt in a grinder now and the same for pepper (pepper corns in a grinder).. At my age i also have to take a magnifying glass shopping B) Good Luck and keep going...

I have been gluten free for 13 months now and feel fabulous but my bowel movements are not always "normal". My first advice is

I have been gluten free for 13 months now and feel fabulous but my bowel movements are not always "normal". My first advice is GET RID OF THE OATMEAL. I am very surprised your doctor says they are ok. Because oats and wheat are usually grown in the same fields it is almost impossible for them to be gluten free. You need to add some veggies to your diet. Try broccoli, cauliflower, etc. This will help with your problem. Good luck to you.

Ugghh...I love oatmeal. That's the only other option I have for breakfast during the week besides eggs. I will give it a try and see what happens! Thanks!

You could always try Cream of Rice...it's no oatmeal but it is a hot cereal that can be similar if you add the right toppings. It's quick and easy too!