tiredofbeingsickandtired

Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Scones

Rate this topic

My kids have been bugging the snot out of me to make a close reproduction of their favorite scones. I am shocked that the first try went so well. I may tweak it a little by adding a little bit more palm shortening and a pinch of salt. But considering there is not one scone left, I think they were a success as is.

I used Gluten Free Pantry Muffin and Scone mix

preheat oven to 375 degrees

1/2 cup chilled palm oil shortening

1 egg

1/2 cup gluten free almond milk mixed with 2 tbsp cider vinegar

1/2-3/4 cup of Enjoy Life chocolate chips

topping to brush on before baking-

-1/4 cup almond milk with 1 tbsp cider vinegar

-sugar

with a fork or pastry cutter mix in shortening with mix until it resembles coarse wet sand.

Combine egg and almond milk mixture, then add to dry ingredients.

add chocolate chips (or blueberries..anything gluten free that floats yer boat)

drop by large spoonfuls onto parchment paper topped cookie sheet (guesstimating maybe 1/4 cup size blobs)

brush with more almond milk/cider vinegar mixture and generously sprinkle with sugar. Try not to get sugar all over the pan or it will burn pretty fast and affect the edges of your scones

bake 12-15 minutes- I like mine a little softer so I stuck with "once the bottom is brown take 'em out".

Thank the Lord and enjoy!

little tidbit note- I am soy free as well, this scone mix says it could have traces of soy- as of this moment I'm reaction free (4 hours later). I can not handle soy or soy lecithin and react pretty quickly... so I think this mix will be ok since I'm feeling pretty fine right now. I wil definitly update if I ever have a reaction to any mix I use.

IMG_0974-1-1.jpg

They look so good. I have used the same mix and added cranraisins and nuts.