IMWalt

Emeril's gluten-free Pizza - Haha

Rate this topic

I haven't posted in a while. I'm working in Boston during the week, and when I get home I haven't had much time to bake. So today I decided I'd make some pizza. I found Emeril's recipe and gave it a try. It uses a lot of tapioca flour, and it took all I have on hand. I mixed everything up, separated my 4 eggs, but when I started mixing the proofed yeast into the flours, it was no where near enough liquid. I ended up adding at least another 1/2 cup of water to get it to a dough consistency. I spread it out into 3 nice circles and let it rise a bit. Stuck them in the oven and decided to keep going while the oven was hot. Imagine my suprise when I was mixing my next recipe, a flat-bread, when I saw my 4 egg whites sitting on the counter. LOL. Needless to say my pizzas didn't turn out very well. I am all out of tapioca and will have to try it again another time. On the good side, I think I will use my flat bread for the pizza and see how that turns out.

BFN

Walt

Grr! That's frustrating, isn't it?

One thing I've learned is that these "mistakes" make great bread crumbs. I chop them up in the food processor and dry them in the oven.