twe0708

2nd Round Of Sorghum Bread

Rate this topic

Here is a better picture of my second loaf made in my bread maker. This recipe was Bob's Red Mill and it looks much better than my 1st loaf from a couple of weeks ago. The middle picture is of my first loaf so you can see the difference. The 1st loaf was made from scratch from a recipe I found on this website but I am sure the error was on my side and not the recipe. I will stick with Bob's Red Mill because it was much easier.

http://round2.shutterfly.com/

Does anyone know how to store this bread? The loaf has cooled and I have it in a big zip lock storage bag, but moisture is building up inside the bag now. :(

If you are the only person eating it, I would slice it and put it in the freezer. It stays soft that way. If you leave it out, it becomes crumbly after only a day.

Good job! Oh, and if you smooth the top with the back of a wet spoon, it looks nicer and seems to rise better.

If you are the only person eating it, I would slice it and put it in the freezer. It stays soft that way. If you leave it out, it becomes crumbly after only a day.

Good job! Oh, and if you smooth the top with the back of a wet spoon, it looks nicer and seems to rise better.

When would I smooth it out? When it's rising? Wasn't sure if I should open the lid.

Sure, you can open the lid anytime up until rising. I often use a small silicon spatula to help my machine get all the flour out of the corners in the beginning. When the the mixing stops, right before the rise cycle, open the lid and smooth out the top. Don't worry about having to work too quickly. Just keep the spoon wet and smooth away. I think you'll be much happier with appearance of your bread.

I make my mix in batches so I can make bread quickly. It's much easier that way.

Sorry but first loaf :lol: second attempt :P can't help with your question, but I thought I'd give you a pat on the back for sticking with it.

Sorry but first loaf :lol: second attempt :P can't help with your question, but I thought I'd give you a pat on the back for sticking with it.

Thanks! I know the first loaf looked scary but still tasted good. The second loaf looked even better, but on the third time I will definitely try and smooth down the top. Thanks for your comment, I am enjoying learning! :)