Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ahorsesoul

2009 Thanksgiving Menus

Our dinner went pretty well (except one allergy attack)...

Everything was gluten-free/CF...

2 pumpkin pies

deviled eggs

potato salad

6 layer salad (no cheese, lol)

Turkey

Sage dressing

gravy

mashed potatoes

yams

biscuits (that didn't turn out, but whatever)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/kooza_8/IMG_1985.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/kooza_8/IMG_1984.jpg

I'm so proud of my first gluten-free/CF Thanksgiving!! My son had an allergic reaction to something, but we have no idea what it was... Everything was made at home so... I'm thinking its the Kool-Aid I let him have.

Amber

Allergic to gluten - or possibly Celiac, testing very soon, and many seasonal environmental allergies. Mom of 2. #1 is anaphylactic to dairy, and allergic to soy and gluten. Dx'd with Autism 1/09, and responding very well to the gluten-free diet. #2 has outgrown all food allergies, but developed seasonal allergies that vary with the season.

amberlynn,

Thanks for shaing the photos. Very nice.

1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember

1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms

Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance

2000-osteopenia

2001-had stroke because of medications I was given

June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months

June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)

May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

We did it - our first gluten-free Thanksgiving and it was fantastic!!!

Turkey

Gravy

Mashed Potatoes

Stuffing (made with a crumbled loaf of homemade cornbread) YUMMY

Whole Cranberry Sauce

Peas

Pumpkin Pie

Everything traditional for our family was the same or better.

We may have Thankgiving for Christmas too -- certainly thankful for yesterday's meal.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Herbed Turkey

Gravy

Praline Sweet Potatoes

Green Beans

Homemade creamed corn

Cauliflower gratin

Peanut butter pie

Rolls

All gluten free except the rolls, because I don't care about bread, anyway. I'm the only one in the family that is gluten free, and they all loved the dinner....best one ever!

~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08

happy%20dance%20penguin.gif