Wolicki

Hamburger Buns

Rate this topic

I've tried two brands that were vile :huh: . I took my DS to In N Out today for a burger, "protein style" wrapped in lettuce. Bless his little heart, he looked at it and the face he made was so sad :( But, trooper that he is, he asked if he could take his burger home and have it on some Udi's bread when he got home.

Please share your favorite brands of HB buns so i don't have to see that sad look again. Thanks!

Have you tried Kinnkinnick's hamburger buns? That is what I use for my 4 year old's burgers, and she loves them.

Have you tried Kinnkinnick's hamburger buns? That is what I use for my 4 year old's burgers, and she loves them.

I have not. Are they soft and squishy? I am cringing at paying another $6 for 4 disgusting buns. Squishy is his main requirement :D

Try Against the Grain. Their rolls are great as is their pizza crust and baguettes. These are the best I've found so far. They seem more like the real thing, taste good and satisfy my craving for rolls/croissants, pizza crust and french bread.

We use to use Ener-G Foods Tapioca Dinner Rolls but we still cut off some of the middle of the bun. Too much dry bread. I'd save this for stuffing. They are ok if warmed. Warmed with butter, garlic and parmesan cheese made them even better. I'm fickle with my gluten free items, when I find something i like better I move on. Go with the Against the Grain.

Where do you find Against the Grain?

In frozen food section at natural/organic/ gluten free grocery. Ask if they will order some if they don't carry it.

The company does not ship to customers.

I have not. Are they soft and squishy? I am cringing at paying another $6 for 4 disgusting buns. Squishy is his main requirement :D

Yep, they sure are! The Kinnick ones are the ones I eat also when we're having burgers. All you do is keep them in your freezer and whenever you need one, just pop it in the microwave for 1 minute and it's smooshy and delicious! You do have to slice the bun in half yourself, but it's really easy! They actually come in packs of 5, too! Before I found Udi's bread, I was using those hamburger buns for all my sandwiches and grilled cheeses, too!

We use the Kinnickinnick pizza crust as bread, also. We splash it with olive oil and then bake it for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Makes for delicious sammiches. Even the non-gluten-free people in our house enjoy them! Such good flavor!