AussieSoph

Little Italy Nyc

Rate this topic

Hi,

I live in Manhattan and love Italian food and know there are a few Italian places in the city, but I want to check out Little Italy and can't find any with a gluten free menu, or any gluten free options. Has anyone been anywhere or know of any places that have gluten-free food in Little Italy?

Thanks! :)

Good luck with that. Those places are all divey tourist traps, not the type that usually cater to the gluten-free crowd.

Hi,

I live in Manhattan and love Italian food and know there are a few Italian places in the city, but I want to check out Little Italy and can't find any with a gluten free menu, or any gluten free options. Has anyone been anywhere or know of any places that have gluten-free food in Little Italy?

Thanks! :)

Sadly, Little Italy is mostly gone. There's only about one block left and as Andrew posted, the remaining places are basically tourist traps. You're much better off going to Bistango at 29th and 3rd where they're happy to accomodate gluten free.

If you really want to check out Little Italy, then you should probably just go for drinks and maybe appetizers. I've been to Grotto Azurra a few times at 177 Mulberry for wine tastings, but I've never attempted to eat an actual meal there. I've found that many "old school" type places often have trouble understanding about the gluten free diet.

Regards,

Ted (works and used in live in Manhattan)

I am not familiar with Manhattan but there is a gluten-free Italian restaurant in the West Village called Risotteria. If you put their name and "+NYC" in Google, their website should come up.

My husband and I ate there about 5 years ago & they were nice. Their (rice) bread sticks were awesome as was their pizza.

If you try it, let us know how it is, it's been such a long time since we tried it.

Unfortunately I have to agree with Andrew and Ted.

Bistango is my personal favorite for Italian in the city. Opus and Lumi are also excellent. For pizza I love Risotteria or Mozarelli's. I know Sambuca also has a gluten-free menu. I haven't been there since being diagnosed, but went there several times pre-diagnosis and always enjoyed it.