LuvMoosic4life

Cream Cornstarch- Gluten Free?

Rate this topic

has anyone used this brand of cornstarch? I went to 4 differant stores and argo is all sold out. All other brands says they share equipment with wheat, but "Cream" cornstarch just say "corn starch" for the ingresient with no other labels/warnings...and there is no number to call the company...

well I couldnt find anything on this brand or anything about some others that say 100% cornstarch- they say 100% pure but dont say anything about shared equipment.

I did find some gluten-free cornstarch in the organic/gluten free section at wegmans...a tiny littl box for $2.19. better safe than sorry.....

are companies required to list whether they make products on lines with wheat??? I was going to buy wegmans cornstarch....but it didnt have any info on it about equipment, so I wasnt sure.

Thanks for posting this...I have wondered the same thing...I have been buying the generic brand...but now plan to buy Argo Cornstarch from now on...I have been unsure as well...all I see is corn starch listed on ingredients..but how do we know what equipment it is prepared on?

My experience with asking Wegman's a question is excellent. Go to their site and enter your question regarding cornstarch and they will reply fairly quickly. Did you check their 31 page list of their brands that are gluten-free?