breavenewworld

Throwing Up- Two Meals Later? Can It Be A Delayed Reaction?

Rate this topic

ok, i'm living at a hotel and the chef makes the same soup for me all the time - beef, rice noodle, safe spices. this time i threw up an hour or so after lunch. BUT last night i had an accidental bite of some undisclosed dressing (could have been safe but they didn't know what kind of vinegar was in it) with no immediate reaction.

so, was today a delayed reaction from last night? or did they hide gluten in my soup at lunch? i've never thrown up before, just used to get dizzy and later the big D.

another possibility is the beef looked a little less cooked than normal but it's a 5 star hotel and i'm doubting it was food poisoning.

help!! thanks!!

:)

it could be, but what else are you snacking on? if you're sure it was at the Hotel let them now and they can review what they did and make sure it doesn't happen again, as a matter of course i won't eat anything where anyone is unsure of the ingredients, just to be on the safe side... good luck with tracking things down... alternatively you could have picked up a virus from somewhere thats made you ill.. we musn't get so hung up about the food and ignore all other things that could be making us ill :)

I second the idea of a bug. When I catch something, it's pretty hard to tell it from glutening.

i just talked to the 5th cook about it- we've all been trying to figure it out- and he said if one of the cooks decided to put this dried up chicken flavoring stuff into the pho that they sometimes use then that probably contains wheat. so it was the meal i threw up directly after. i think.

:)