TinaM

Pie Crust Help

Rate this topic

Im looking for a pie crust to go along with karina's pumpkin pie. I know i should've looked for one sooner but i completely forgot. I can just go crustless if all else fails. We are milk free, egg free, gluten free and soy free. I also dont have any shortening(spectrum or other) available right now. I only have spectrum coconut oil and i can use olive oil. I also have gluten-free oats(can blend to make oat flour). We also have bobs red mill all purpose flour. Okay, so is there a crust recipe that is free of all these allergens and that i can use oil instead of shortening/butter? TIA!!

Hi TinaM! :) I have a pie crust that I use for pumpkin pie that turns out very nice! the biggest trick to it is to make the pies the day BEFORE you want to eat them, otherwise it is quite hard and crunchy but leaving it sit overnight made it nice and flaky soft. LOL

1.5 cups rice flour

.5 cups oil (I just use whatever oil I have in my cupboard)

4 Tbsp cold water

Mix the flour and oil together until crumbly, add the water and form into a ball. once it is a nice ball, just put it into the pie pan and evenly press to the bottom and sides with your hands or a spoon. Bake at 400F for 12-15 or until golden brown, fill and bake as usual. It turns out very nicely with pumpkin pie.

Happy baking! :)

Im looking for a pie crust to go along with karina's pumpkin pie. I know i should've looked for one sooner but i completely forgot. I can just go crustless if all else fails. We are milk free, egg free, gluten free and soy free. I also dont have any shortening(spectrum or other) available right now. I only have spectrum coconut oil and i can use olive oil. I also have gluten-free oats(can blend to make oat flour). We also have bobs red mill all purpose flour. Okay, so is there a crust recipe that is free of all these allergens and that i can use oil instead of shortening/butter? TIA!!

Hi TinaM! :) I have a pie crust that I use for pumpkin pie that turns out very nice! the biggest trick to it is to make the pies the day BEFORE you want to eat them, otherwise it is quite hard and crunchy but leaving it sit overnight made it nice and flaky soft. LOL

1.5 cups rice flour

.5 cups oil (I just use whatever oil I have in my cupboard)

4 Tbsp cold water

Mix the flour and oil together until crumbly, add the water and form into a ball. once it is a nice ball, just put it into the pie pan and evenly press to the bottom and sides with your hands or a spoon. Bake at 400F for 12-15 or until golden brown, fill and bake as usual. It turns out very nicely with pumpkin pie.

Happy baking! :)

Thanks so much! It's perfect b/c i wanted to make the pie tomorrow, that way i dont have to cook so much on Thursday.Thanks again!