This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Please Help Me Figure Out If My Chapstick Is Gf

mytummyhurts

mytummyhurts Contributor

I've finally kind of gotten used to what for look for in foods, but now I've started reading my meds and chapstick and other products and they use totally different terminology. Can anybody help me. Below is the link to my chapstick ingredients list. If anybody is experience reading this stuff can you look at it and then let me know if it if gluten-free?

Thanks! Abby

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jenvan Collaborator

Abby- I think it looks fine. This website is a good resource--has definitions of random chemicals that are hard to identify... I looked up one of the random ingredients in your chapstick and it told me what it is: Open Original Shared Link

Also--here is a list of gluten-free chapstick products in case you or anyone else uses those...

ChapStick

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Whenever there is alcohol and flavor you should check. Whenever you don't know about all of the ingredients you shoud check just to make sure so you are not overlooking anything.

Here are the gluten-free Blistex products that Kristina(MySuicidalTurtle) posted a while ago after contacting them:

Blistex Lip Ointment

Blistex Lip Balm (Regular, Berry, Mint, and Ultra)

Blistex Lip Tone

Comlete Moisture

Daily Conditioning Treatment SPF-20

Herbal Answer Lip Balm

Herbal Answer Gel

Lip Medex

Lip Revitalizer

Kank-a Liquid

Blistex Silk & Shine

Blistex Fruit Smoothies (Berry Explosion, Merry Melody, and Triple Tropical)

Blistex Clear Advanced

celiac3270 Collaborator

gluten-free lipbalms, etc. This is pulled from the delphi list:

Blistex (Blistex, Inc.) (888-784-2472) (Open Original Shared Link) (ve=07/31/03)

Lip Ointment, Lip Balm (regular, mint, berry), Ultra Lip Balm stick, Lip Tone Stick, Complete Moisture Stick, Daily Conditioning Treatment SPF-20 Ointment/Salve, Herbal Answer Lip Balm Stick, Herbal Answer Gel, Lip Medex Ointment/Salve, Lip Revitatlizer Gel, Kank-A-Liquid, Silk & Shine Stick, Smoothies Sticks (Berry Explosion, Melon Medley, Triple Tropical), Clear Advance Stick)

Bonne Bell (ve=2-15-05) The following Bonne Bell, Inc. products can be used by people afflicted with Celiac disease. They do not contain any gluten containting grains: wheat, barley, rye, oats, amaranth, teff, millet, spelt, and quinoa. We do recommend that celiac patients steer clear of all Strawberry flavored products because vinegar is used for the tart taste.

10-0-6 Lotions

All Colognes

Lip Lites

Lip Enticements

Lip Fashion

Sponge-On Sparklers

Shower 2000

Lip Lix

Lip Gear Lip Crayons

Eye Shades

No Shine Oil Control Makeup

Lip Shades with SPF 15

Lip Sheers

Nail Lacquers

Cosmic Cheeks

Lash Tints

Glimmer Gels

Roll-On Lip Smacker Shiners and Shimmers

Roll-On Glitter Gloss

Lip Gear (Matte only)

Lip Shox

Eye D

mytummyhurts Contributor

You guys are very helpful. Thanks! I'm happy that I can keep using my favorite chapstick! :D

mytummyhurts Contributor

I don't want to be a pain about this, but is there a list somewhere for ingredients found in these things as to whether they are safe or not? I have another thing now that I'm trying to find out if it's gluten-free, where can I go in the future to find out without having to bug you guys.

It's ingredients are:

Polybutene

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene

Mentha Piperite Oil

Sorbitan Sesquioleate

Menthyl Lactate

Saccahrin

Thanks, Abby :P

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

The ingredients look fine to me.

Here is a link to some forbidden ingredients which may help out.

https://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodi...-17105383192.1a

Whenever you are in question just ask here...we don't mind, I am sure someone will know here....if not then just call about it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mytummyhurts Contributor
Here is a link to some forbidden ingredients which may help out.

https://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodi...-17105383192.1a

Yeah, I refer to that list when I'm checking my foods, but I thought cosmetic ingredients might be different and not on the lists. Because when I read the ingredients on my chapstick, shampoo, etc. I don't recognize any of the names.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

This email might help you out with some makeup ingredients. You may want to do a search on FDA regulations for gluten ingredients to look for. I would just ask on here I am sure someone will no and if not you could always call.

We are attaching a list of grain-derived ingredients, found on our labels, which will be helpful in providing you direction. This information covers products marketed under the following trademarks: Est

mytummyhurts Contributor

Thanks Kaiti! :D

Archived