Diva1

Doing Better And Better But What About Alchool,wine Etc..

Rate this topic

HI

I have been gluten and lactose free for 2 months now and I can honestly say that the last 3 weeks I feel real good .

Does a glass of wine affect our belly...

Diva

HI

I have been gluten and lactose free for 2 months now and I can honestly say that the last 3 weeks I feel real good .

Does a glass of wine affect our belly...

Diva

I cant answer your question but Ive been gluten free for a month+ now and am feeling better. Ive noticed that I feel drunk alot faster now (Im not a boozer, just like a nice wine with dinner). From what Ive read alcohol is absorbed in the small intestine so Im guessing the alcohol absorbtion is caused by a healing of that area of the gut?

Hello. About the wines, you have to watch out on those. Alot of them have gluten in them. I went to the Celiac Sprue Association's Annual Conference and saw Dr. Robert Greene speak. He is one of the foremost doctors in researching celiac disease. From his mouth, All Alcohol is ok because it is distilled so the gluten is lost in the distilling process. That's about all I can add. I love Malibu and Pineapple juice or Stoli Vodka and Sprite. Both do not taste badly of alcohol.

Hope to be of help,

Brooklyn

Hello. About the wines, you have to watch out on those. Alot of them have gluten in them.

I'm wondering what your source is for this....I've yet to find a wine that contains gluten. I'm pretty sensitive and drink wines from around the world and have never had a problem.

Diva1, I would say try a glass and see how you feel. I don't believe you need to be concerned with gluten, but having only been gluten-free for 2 months your system may still be a bit touchy.

About the wines, you have to watch out on those. A lot of them have gluten in them.
Like Patti, I have never found a wine which had gluten. I don't worry about wine. It is something that I consider inherently safe and quite enjoyable.