Wolicki

B12 Now High Normal

Rate this topic

I started having neuropathy a few months ago. At that time, all my labs were normal except for low normal B12, low Ferritin and hypothryoid. I've been on B12 shots, sublingual b12, Ferrex and Levoxyl.

Now, my B12 is high normal, still working on the iron, and Thyroid is normal. The neuropathy has not gone away yet. Does this mean I need to gret used to it? :o

I heard somewhere that it takes years to deplete your B12, and it takes years to get it back. The test only measures what's circulating in the blood, not what's being used by the rest of your body.

My nerve issues went away over many many months, not just a few.

That's how it was for me. It improved some in the first few months, but it took at least a year for it to go away significantly. Even with that, I still have issues with it on occasion. Your body has to lay down new myelin to cover those exposed nerves and that takes time. An issue with us is our general health. Your body needs to heal your intestines and that can be a slow process as well.

Hang in there. Your body needs to sort of rebuild and restore and that takes time. Eat very well and simply and take good care of yourself.

Yea I agree with the others. Hang in there as it can take awhile.

Thanks all. I sure do wish someone would come up with a magic pill! :lol: