amberlink09

San Antonio

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

I just moved to San Antonio a few months ago and I'm newly diagnosed. The doctor who diagnosed me didn't want to do a biopsy or tell me anything about the disease so I went to a gastroenterologist instead. But now that I have all of the diagnosis stuff out of the way I am really just looking for a good doctor who has some knowledge about the disease and will actually spend some time talking to me and listening to what is wrong. All my life I've had doctors who just run in and out of the room and that's why I was told my stomach problems were stress for 6 years. So if anyone has suggestions please let me know!

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I just moved to San Antonio a few months ago and I'm newly diagnosed. The doctor who diagnosed me didn't want to do a biopsy or tell me anything about the disease so I went to a gastroenterologist instead. But now that I have all of the diagnosis stuff out of the way I am really just looking for a good doctor who has some knowledge about the disease and will actually spend some time talking to me and listening to what is wrong. All my life I've had doctors who just run in and out of the room and that's why I was told my stomach problems were stress for 6 years. So if anyone has suggestions please let me know!

Thanks!

I live in San Antonio and highly recommend Dr. Franz Zurita at 210 615-8308. He is also the medical advisor for the Alamo Celiac support group in San Antonio. Check the website at www.alamoceliac.org to find out about membership information and other local resources. For places you can eat, click on Defensive Dining page and scroll down past Austin to San Antonio.

You will find San Antonio to be a very celiac friendly place to live.