NewGuy

Excedrin Sinus Headache

Rate this topic

Help!

Does anyone have info on Excedrin Sinus Headache? I have been experiencing wicked sinus headaches, so I tried Excedrin Sinus Headache, which is good at relieving symptoms. Unfortunately, I had what I have identified as my gluten symptoms:

Trouble sleeping; gurgling stomach; bowel discomfort; fatty tools; urgency.

I am only 5 weeks into being diagnosed with celiac, and am getting sooooo frustrated. Just when I think I'm fine, somehow it sneaks in again.

Thanks, NewGuy

I looked online to see if I could find any info and couldn't. I'm pretty sure it is but you should call the company to be sure.

If it is gluten-free, since you are only 5 weeks into the diet so it could be a few things. You haven't healed yet and may still experience some symptoms. Also, check your bath and body products. many of us have been glutened by shampoo, conditioner, etc.

There's also the possibility of cross-contamination if you are not using dedicated pots, pans, toaster, cutting board etc.

I looked online to see if I could find any info and couldn't. I'm pretty sure it is but you should call the company to be sure.

If it is gluten-free, since you are only 5 weeks into the diet so it could be a few things. You haven't healed yet and may still experience some symptoms. Also, check your bath and body products. many of us have been glutened by shampoo, conditioner, etc.

There's also the possibility of cross-contamination if you are not using dedicated pots, pans, toaster, cutting board etc.

What are some safe shampoos, then? I didn't know shampoo had gluten in there.

Not ALL shampoos and conditioners have gluten in them. You have to read the labels. I use a few different ones- Neutrogena shampoo and conditioner, L'Oreal Vive Gloss shampoo and conditioner, Bed Head Moisture Maniac shampoo, Pantene, Dove and Garnier will clearly list gluten. Also Giovanni 50:50 and may of their other products are gluten-free.

As with anything, read the labels EVERY time because companies DO change their ingredients.

Also, look at things like body washes, moisturizers, lip balms, and cosmetics. I just noticed your user name so you probably don't BUT if your girlfriend/wife uses lipstick or makeup with gluten in it and you kiss her, that can be a source too. Basically anything that goes on your head or hands can get in your mouth.

I know this is probably a LOT of overwhelming information when first going gluten-free. I hope you find out what is making you sick soon!

Help!

Does anyone have info on Excedrin Sinus Headache? I have been experiencing wicked sinus headaches, so I tried Excedrin Sinus Headache, which is good at relieving symptoms. Unfortunately, I had what I have identified as my gluten symptoms:

Trouble sleeping; gurgling stomach; bowel discomfort; fatty tools; urgency.

I am only 5 weeks into being diagnosed with celiac, and am getting sooooo frustrated. Just when I think I'm fine, somehow it sneaks in again.

Thanks, NewGuy

It could have gluten in it. But I would also look at why you're needing to take it in the first place. Perhaps you've gotten into something else. I get migraines if I get a hold of something with soy.

It could have gluten in it. But I would also look at why you're needing to take it in the first place. Perhaps you've gotten into something else. I get migraines if I get a hold of something with soy.

Well, I have had sinus issues for about 2 weeks after receiving the H1N1 vaccine, and it is going away, but I can tell you all this much: I reacted to the excedrin sinus pretty badly. I haven't found a definitive answer, but as you will agree I am going to trust my body on this one. My poor, invidiously glutened body...

Could it have been the vaccine?

Do you know the ingredients of that?

I use Vicks Dayquil......or equivelant.