Eric_C

Red Robin Now Has Dedicated Fryers

Rate this topic

Someone told me that Red Robin now not only has a gluten-free menu but also a dedicated fryer for french fries.

I've been to two of them in a week. One on M59 in Macomb Township and another in Brighton Michigan on Grand River. For those not familiar with Michigan they are about 60 miles apart.

I went to the one on M59 first about 4 days ago for lunch with my business partner. I asked them about the dedicated fryer and they said yes. I ordered a regular bacon cheese burger with no bun. The waitress said make sure when you get your fries they are in a yellow basket. Yellow baskets are strictly for gluten-free fries. They are done in a dedicated fryer.

Today for lunch we went to the one in Brighton and same situation.

Both times, zero reaction. Not even a hint. Even at Outback I do OK but you can always tell something snuck in there.

Now I did go at opening the first time and we were one of the first tables which lessens your chance of CC. Today we went in the middle of the lunch rush and its near a large shopping mall so it was packed.

No problems at all.

Great to have an option but $30 for 2 burgers and drinks is a bit crazy.

Someone told me that Red Robin now not only has a gluten-free menu but also a dedicated fryer for french fries.

I've been to two of them in a week. One on M59 in Macomb Township and another in Brighton Michigan on Grand River. For those not familiar with Michigan they are about 60 miles apart.

I went to the one on M59 first about 4 days ago for lunch with my business partner. I asked them about the dedicated fryer and they said yes. I ordered a regular bacon cheese burger with no bun. The waitress said make sure when you get your fries they are in a yellow basket. Yellow baskets are strictly for gluten-free fries. They are done in a dedicated fryer.

Both times, zero reaction. Not even a hint. Even at Outback I do OK but you can always tell something snuck in there.

Now I did go at opening the first time and we were one of the first tables which lessens your chance of CC. Today we went in the middle of the lunch rush and its near a large shopping mall so it was packed.

No problems at all.

I just ate there last night!! Come to find out my favorite burger, the Royal Red Robin is on their gluten free menu, its delicious! Even without the bun! I will miss that Red Robin seasoning though, it was great on the fries. Very good choice for eating out, the whole yellow baskets and such made me feel better. A place that actually takes it seriously.

No problems at all.

Thank-you for posting this; I am SUPER excited as we used to frequent the M59 location before going gluten-free; we will have to try it again sometime!