twe0708

Ate A Wheat Product

Rate this topic

I ate Werther's Candy Toffee yesterday and a few times last week because I didn't know they contained wheat and didn't have any problems. I won't eat them again, but was wondering if anyone else ever ate something without knowing it had wheat and didn't have any problems?

I ate Werther's Candy Toffee yesterday and a few times last week because I didn't know they contained wheat and didn't have any problems. Anyone else ever eat something and not have any problems?

I think anyone on here would agree that while you not have any obvious symptoms, it doesn't mean it's NOT doing damage.

I wouldn't test that theory though. It isn't worth it.

I know there was another on here who'd willingly eaten something with wheat in it, but only had been gluten free for a couple of weeks. They noted that they didn't have any symptoms. The longer you go without, the more noticeable your reactions are. Like now, for me, if I ate a piece of bread I'd probably would want to shoot myself afterwards. I get ALOT of psychological symptoms...and then really bad stomach issues. I think shooting myself would be better than dealing with symptoms for weeks (then other damage that lasts alot longer).

After I'd been gluten-free for about a year, I chowed down on a huge hunk of delicious homemade bread and suffered NO symptoms. I actually thought I might "plan" a monthly cheat... pizza, a Subway hoagie, that homemade bread. I never ended up trying it tho. Because when I was accidentally glutened not long after that ... my symptoms became severe.

Never been tempted again... it's SO not worth it!