rebe09

Holiday Parties

Rate this topic

The holiday parties are upon us and I just got word that at my big family gathering BBQ beef will be the main course---Oh, how sweet! :( Anyone have another alternative for me, so I can fit slightly in with what the family is eating?! Something similar to the BBQ beef or another main course that will be filling and not look too different from the rest. :)

Happy Holidays!

What is it in BBQ Beef that you can't have? Most BBQ sauce is gluten free. Can't you just request a specific brand of whomever is making it, or you can make your own.

Here's my recipe:

1 (28-ounce) can tomato sauce

1/3 cup brown sugar

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (The bottle of Lea and Perrins I have is gluten-free, but check the label, they change the formula from time to time)

1 tablespoon wheat free soy sauce (such as Tamari)

1 tablespoon chili powder

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

I use Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. For beef, I love to take a good sized bottom round roast, cover with a bottle of the sauce and cook all day (8-10 hours on low) in the crock pot. Absolutely delicious! :)

For another meal, you can add a large sliced onion, sliced carrots and cubed potatoes to the pot. It's our favorite way to do pot roast.

You should check howe the beef is done. Most BBQ and BBQ sauces I know of are gluten-free.

richard

I use Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. For beef, I love to take a good sized bottom round roast, cover with a bottle of the sauce and cook all day (8-10 hours on low) in the crock pot. Absolutely delicious! :)

For another meal, you can add a large sliced onion, sliced carrots and cubed potatoes to the pot. It's our favorite way to do pot roast.

I big thumbs up for this idea.....we LOVE Sweet Baby Rays at our house, and we use Bristol/Bertille Buns (they recently had a name change) for the perfect BBQ beef sandwich.....MMMMM; I think I'll make this sometime soon:)

We usually cook a roast in a crockpot all one day with potatoes etc then on 2nd day I put it back in with Curley's BBQ sauce (I am in Kansas) it may be regional- but cook for a few more hours and you have heaven. Sweet Baby Ray is great too.

I am so glad I posted this because I was under the impression that BBQ sauce is a no-no. Great to know that "most" are gluten free. Very exciting! I talked with the BBQ beef cooker and she will be letting me know what she puts in it. Thanks. :)

I am so glad I posted this because I was under the impression that BBQ sauce is a no-no. Great to know that "most" are gluten free. Very exciting! I talked with the BBQ beef cooker and she will be letting me know what she puts in it. Thanks. :)

Just be careful to read the labels as some contain soy sauce. :angry: I learned this the hard way when Stubb's BBQ sauce changed their recipe. I had been using Stubb's for years and never had a problem and then all the sudden, I was sick. The next day I was trying to figure out what happened and that's when I remembered opening a new bottle of Stubb's at dinner. I looked at the label and sure enough, they had added soy sauce. I had the old bottle in the recycling bin and the ingredients did not list soy sauce. It was our favorite BBQ sauce and made me angry that they would ruin something so good.