jillyard

Cramping And Bentyl

Rate this topic

New here, as well as to Celiac. I've been gluten free for 2 months now and find that when I encounter gluten now that I've been clean my reactions are much worse! I had fries out last night and they were coated with wheat flour (had to call today and have them check). I have been having stomach cramps all day, double over take your breath away cramps and nasea. Has anyone ever tried Bentyl for these types of symptoms? I took it years ago when I was dx ed as IBS....Ouch, what can I do? Need to get back in the game asap!

Thanks

You can try it, but I was given Bentyl last week during my flare up and it made the pain so much worse I almost went to the ER. It says on the package insert that it is not to be taken by people with chronic inflammation. They weren't kidding!

New here, as well as to Celiac. I've been gluten free for 2 months now and find that when I encounter gluten now that I've been clean my reactions are much worse! I had fries out last night and they were coated with wheat flour (had to call today and have them check). I have been having stomach cramps all day, double over take your breath away cramps and nasea. Has anyone ever tried Bentyl for these types of symptoms? I took it years ago when I was dx ed as IBS....Ouch, what can I do? Need to get back in the game asap!

Thanks

I was on Bentyl for about two days. Made me zombi-like, I was nauseated, threw-up dirrahea, ended up in hospital for 6 days for dehydration. this was before my diagnosis of Celiac after the Dr.s ran more tests.