haleym

Swedish Thin Ginger Snaps

Rate this topic

Hello!

I hope that there are some Swedes out there or others who know how to make real Swedish pepparkakor. I used to live in Sweden and they had them by a company called Semper and I am REALLY missing them! I have to have them with my gl

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. I'm not swedish, but have had the cookies and this is the recipe I found for them. They're really good, and this is my gluten-free adaptation. I prefer them as drop cookies, but you could add a bit more flour (the original recipe is 3 1/3 to 3 3/4 c. wheat flour), combine the recipe, let sit in fridge overnight then roll out.

pepparkakor

2 sticks butter

1 c. white sugar

1/2 c. molasses

2 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. ground cloves

2 tsp. ginger

1 tsp. salt

2 tsp. baking soda

2 tsp. xanthan gum

1 egg

2 c. rice flour

3/4 c. cornstarch

Cream butter and sugar well. Add egg, beat again. Add in spices, molasses, soda, and salt. Stir in flour & cornstarch until just combined, drop onto greased tray, bake at 350 for 8-10 min. (if you roll them out, it's 350 for 6-8 min.). They burn easily either way, so watch them carefully.

Laura

Thank you . . . this sounds very good. I can't wait to try them. I've been craving thin ginger snaps for a long time.