Tigercat17

Probotics -kyo- Dophilus

Rate this topic

HI everyone,

I just started using the probotic from Wakunaga of America - "Kyo-Dophilus" five days ago & started having a lot of bloating. I feel so full & I'm having trouble eating. I usually feel like this when I get glutened. It does say it's gluten free on the bottle, but I know that sometimes doesn't mean anything.

I just called the company & they told me it's normal to have bloating the first week that you take them because your body is relieving the toxins. They also confirmed they're gluten free. And they said they do test this product.

Has anyone tried the probotics from this company? I looked at their other products & some say they're gluten free, but they also say there is wheat in them? When I asked them about this they told me they remove the protein from the wheat for some of their products. The product I'm using doesn't say it has wheat in it, but I'm wondering if I should trust this company? I'm just not sure if I should keep taking them or not....

Has anyone tried probiotics, especially form this company? Is it normal to have a bloated feeling for the first week?

And do probiotics Really heal the gut faster? Any comments -good or bad - will be so helpful. Thanks!

I tried them several years ago and had the same problem. I switched to Shopko brand and haven't haqd trouble since.

Just want to point out that the original post is from 2009.  Its possible ingredients have changed in that time.

Thank you, kareng!

I don´t think the ingredients might have changed that much..

It still says "free of gluten", but not "of wheat"...and I can tell you I can feel it pretty much! ... :(

Well, the question now is - what probiotic is REALLY safe for us with celiac and allergy to soy, wheat, dairy, and pretty much everything :/

Anybody suffering with these allergies and tried GutPro Powder for example ??

There have been issues with probiotics NOT being gluten free. Read about this here:

http://www.today.com/health/many-gluten-free-probiotics-actually-contain-gluten-t22171

But, I still believe in them. My doctor recommends Bio-K which is fermented from soy, dairy or rice (your choice). It must be refrigerated and it is not cheap, but it is Certified gluten-free. Doc recommends after a course of antibiotics. I have also purchased CountryLife products and they are certified gluten-free by GFCO.org and are in capsules for easy travel. I keep them in the refrigerator when I am at home.

If you can eat yogurt, that is a good source. Fermented foods too!

Anyone has experience with Klaire Labs probiotics? 

Purchased their Lactoprime Plus. It says ´gluten and wheat free´..however..I´ve been in agony since Friday as I took a pill of probiotic from another brand and even though the bottle says ´gluten-free´, I am pretty sure it was cultured on either wheat or barley/rye - based medium (I could even feel the taste in my stomach and mouth !) and it gave me a horrible reaction :(

Im so sick and feeling like I need to take probiotics (was on antibiotics recently and sadly cant eat anything with natural probiotics)..I am afraid to put anything new to my system :// This just sucks so much..