latteda

Gluten-free Sex Info

Rate this topic

I am looking into birth control methods preparing to get married in a few months and need some help. This is a little embarrassing but I was wondering if anyone could tell me about:

-gluten-free hormonal birth control

-gluten-free condom use

-gluten-free lube

-gluten-free spermicide

Does anyone have any info on this? I can't seem to find much.

Condoms really can't be a problem.

If you don't get answers on the other stuff, just call some companies. Odds are VERY high that BC pills will not have gluten.

richard

Take a look at www.glutenfreedrugs.com

There is a list of gluten-free oral contraceptives on there, many generics included. You can also call the company, but I would probably just pick one where the pharmacist from the website has already called and verified. Way easier than weeding through drug company CYA disclaimers yourself.

Sorry if this is too late to be of help!

I tried many different birth control methods. Interesting, I always felt the best when I was totally off. I stopped all of them; and everything improved.

Take a look at www.glutenfreedrugs.com

There is a list of gluten-free oral contraceptives on there, many generics included. You can also call the company, but I would probably just pick one where the pharmacist from the website has already called and verified. Way easier than weeding through drug company CYA disclaimers yourself.

Sorry if this is too late to be of help!

What I found with birth control pills is you might have to stick to the 'name brand' versus the generic forms of the pills because the generics aren't always listed as gluten free. Your pharmacist should be able to check for you -- mine had access to a database and could look up the ingredients. My file is flagged as Celiac so they know not to dispense anything that contains gluten...although I always confirm that when dropping off AND picking up an Rx.

What I found with birth control pills is you might have to stick to the 'name brand' versus the generic forms of the pills because the generics aren't always listed as gluten free.

Yes!

OrthoEvra is gluten-free, but I had problems with the generic version of it (I think it's the one that Wal-Mart does for something like $9?)

Apparently it's made by the same company as OrthoEvra, so I don't know why they are so different.

Also, if you haven't taken birth control pills before (or if you are just going back on them) be aware that they can make you feel a bit off for the first month or so. Nausea and other such side effects, but they go away after a little while on the BC. Just in case you took them and thought it was gluten-related.