amybeth

Tis The Season To Be Thankful!

Rate this topic

The holidays can feel so stressful and with a big Nor'easter coming, shopping time is cut even shorter this year! I have decided to take a moment to pause and reflect on what I am most thankful for this year. I'm hoping others will add their own "thanks" and enjoy a calm moment during the holiday hub-bub!

I am thankful that I was able to help 2 friends with loved ones recently diagnosed with celiac by giving them pointers, recipes, and shopping tips.

I am thankful that my beautiful son, born 8 weeks early is healthy, strong, and happy. And I'm thankful that I could spend 6 months at home with him before returning to work.

I am thankful that my husband is an endless source of support for me in every way.

I am thankful for my family for a zillion reasons I couldn't possibly list here.

I am thankful that I have this amazing group of friends here to talk to every day!

I'm thankful that no one was harmed in our recent car accident, that our son's disappearance from the playground didn't end in tragedy, that my family is healthy and happy and I get to spend the holidays with all of them!

I am thankful for my three beautiful children who are growing so fast! For the chance to be able to see them grow day to day and to feel like a kid again when I let loose with them.

I am thankful for my husband. For providing for our family, for being supportive, for loving me no matter what.

I am thankful for my wonderful friends, who have been so supportive this past year. With helping out while I was pregnant, with help in delivering my baby when we didn't quite make it to the hospital, with trying to include my boys with gluten-free foods (and me casein/soy-free).

There really is so much to be thankful for.

What a nice post.

I am thankful that I developed the dreaded D or my gluten intolerance would never have been discovered. It caused extreme anxiety and insomnia which are now so much better.

I am thankful that my dh has finally come to realize that he needs to be extremely careful not to contaminate me. I didn't think that I'd ever have his support in this.

I am thankful that by tomorrow at 7pm I will be done with what I have to do for Christmas. The dishwasher will be going, the trash outside and I will be reading one of my Black Dagger Brotherhood (by JR Ward) books with my feet up. We celebrate on Christmas Eve and Christmas day is a day of rest and leftovers.

I am thankful that I now feel good most of the time. I am thankful that my ds was diagnosed early before he had to go through the years of ill health that I did.

I am thankful to have two gorgeous boys and a wonderful Sweetie that has stayed through thick and thin and still loves me, even though I am a pain in the butt :D

I am thankful that I am, for the most part, healthier than I have been in years.

I am thankful that my DD was able to come home for Christmas and bring her wonderful fiance and that we had a nice though early celebration with them and my son.

I am especially thankful for my now ex-husbands brother who has stood beside me during a nasty divorce and continues to provide support to myself and my children.

I am also thankful that I finally got the strength to fight my agoraphobia and am slowly progressing to a normal life. I will make it to my DD wedding, I will, I will! LOL

May everyone have a wonderful holiday and lots of great gluten-free food to enjoy!

I am thankful for Jesus Christ my Savior...without Him we would have no "Christ"mas and no eternal life :)

I am thankful for my washer....it was broken for 5 months, fixed yesterday, and now I can wash clothes at home again! ;)

I am thankful for my 2 gluten-free daughters and that I can make gluten-free food for them even though they live over an hour away :P