iffy

Chocolate?

Rate this topic

I'm not super-sensitive, seems my only issues are wheat and gluten. Yesterday I had D all day, and all I can

suspect is Nesquik chocolate (made cocoa with Frangelico hazelnut liqueur). The Nesquik container says it's made on equipment that processes wheat. Would the Hershey's syrup be OK? The Frangelico or other liqueurs would

not be a problem, would they?

I think Dagoba makes a gluten-free chocolate, though it might just be "hot" chocolate. Maybe you should try something like a nice tea - black tea with honey or something, or if you do dairy, a bit of milk. It can be satisfying in the same way chocolate is. Chocolate is a high allergen, and you may have problems with chocolate. Another good substitute is a chai tea or latte.

Really, all that sugar isn't doing you any good anyhow.

I quit buying the syrup crap and started making my own, my kids say it's the best cocoa they've ever had:

1 TBS cocoa powder

1 TBS agave nectar

1 TBS hot water

Mix well until all are combined

Add 8-12oz hot milk (I use regular for the kiddos and almond for me)

It's so rich and creamy, and nothing you can't pronounce!!

I love hot cocoa, without the sugar. I take a spoon of unsweetened cocoa powder, with a little water in a pan. Bring to a boil and stir, then add my milk. Heat until hot.

I'm not super-sensitive, seems my only issues are wheat and gluten. Yesterday I had D all day, and all I can

suspect is Nesquik chocolate (made cocoa with Frangelico hazelnut liqueur). The Nesquik container says it's made on equipment that processes wheat. Would the Hershey's syrup be OK? The Frangelico or other liqueurs would

not be a problem, would they?

Hershey's syrup is okay according to Hershey's and multiple posts I've seen on this site.