Rate this topic

I've been gluten free for about 9 months and doing pretty good. I've been told that wheat and barely grasses should be free of gluten protiens. But I don't know. I used a supplement that had those items in it and I'm feeling mild glutening symptoms. Are these grasses always gluten free?

yes, we all have heard that wheat & barley grass are gluten-free due to the stabiling process. But being an old timer celiac I would not use either of these two products.....I have switched my products to ones that do not contain these grasses.

hth

yes, we all have heard that wheat & barley grass are gluten-free due to the stabiling process. But being an old timer celiac I would not use either of these two products.....I have switched my products to ones that do not contain these grasses.

hth

I had been avoiding them,but I kept hearing that sprouted grasses should be safe and decided to give them a try. If sprouted grasses also make people sick; what about the sprouted breads?

I had been avoiding them,but I kept hearing that sprouted grasses should be safe and decided to give them a try. If sprouted grasses also make people sick; what about the sprouted breads?

Both would make me sick.

Here's a good response to that question for wheat: Is there gluten in wheatgrass?

The simple answer is the grass is gluten-free, but if you get a seed then you will get gluten. The same is true for barley.

I wouldn't risk it for myself.