halfrunner

Honeybaked Ham?

Rate this topic

Hi all!

My family is getting a honeybaked ham and a turkey for Christmas day. I called the company and talked to a representative who said both are gluten-free. I'm kind of suspicious since I saw a blog post (which of course I cannot find again) that said it depends by region.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone else has had any problems? I don't want to get DH's hopes up then dashed because he loves ham like that.

thanks!

Laura

AGH! I contacted the Honey Baked Ham company too, and they said it was gluten free - but they did state it was a recent change to gluten free. I hope I'll be okay. =(

AGH! I contacted the Honey Baked Ham company too, and they said it was gluten free - but they did state it was a recent change to gluten free. I hope I'll be okay. =(

I found the blog again (was dated 12/08), and another posted on 12/3/09 that said it was gluten-free. But I haven't found any blogs mentioning that it was EATEN and that the eater didn't get sick. Knowing DH, he'll probably go with the company, although after a pan roll incident over the weekend, he's starting to get a bit more cautious (which is a good thing).

www.honeybakedham.com

The ham is gluten free, the glaze formerly contained wheat. It no longer does. It has been a couple of years since this change. Please enjoy!

But, always read the labels.

I had the honey baked ham last Christmas (2008). I found out they changed to a gluten free formula after Thanksgiving of 08. It was great and I did NOT get sick.

Definately -never stop reading labels or asking questions!

Honeybaked ham is gluten-free everywhere.

rifchard