CeliacAlli

Camp Celiac?

Rate this topic

Hey!

Has anyone been to camp celiac in RI? I'm thinking about going there and I'd like some info on it other than it's website. Thanks :)!

Yes, it's great. I was a counselor last year and both my girls went too (ages 7 and 10 last year). I'm happy to answer any questions you have. The kids have a blast, the food is great... only complaint in my house, was not enough sleep, but it's only a week.

You don't say how old you are, but if you respond back with more questions, I can be more specific.

Hope to see you there! Keep track of the website b/c as soon as the applications are posted it will fill up (especially if you are a teen).

Hope to see you there!

Sarah

Has anyone been to camp celiac in RI? I'm thinking about going there and I'd like some info on it other than it's website. Thanks :)!

Guest Dori827

Do you know if there is one on the west coast? My 20 year old son was just diagnosed and no longer lives at home. He is pretty "deer in the headlights" and doesn't cook much or eat many vegetables. Since I'm celiac, I can help him, but it would be great if he could connect with some guys his age who have dealt succesfully with this.

do a google search, but I'm pretty sure there is one in California. Unfortunately, he may fall through the cracks for camp. In RI, campers have to be 16 or younger and counselors have to be 24 or older. I would encourage you to help him find a local support group and a few restaurants that have gluten-free menus.

good luck.