BRUMI1968

Help With Iga/igg Test Results For Woman gluten-free For 2-1/2 Years

Rate this topic

Hi all. I had some blood work done the other day, and asked for the anti-Gliadin IgA and IgG tests to see if I was getting any gluten in my diet w/o my knowledge. My results were:

IgA Result of 3.3 (range 0.0-9.9, anything less than 10 being "negative")

IgG Result of 1.6 (range 0.0-9.9, anything less than 1o being "negative")

Can anyone say if these are good numbers for a person who believes she eats ZERO gluten? Could the numbers ever be zero? Thanks.

Hi all. I had some blood work done the other day, and asked for the anti-Gliadin IgA and IgG tests to see if I was getting any gluten in my diet w/o my knowledge. My results were:

IgA Result of 3.3 (range 0.0-9.9, anything less than 10 being "negative")

IgG Result of 1.6 (range 0.0-9.9, anything less than 1o being "negative")

Can anyone say if these are good numbers for a person who believes she eats ZERO gluten? Could the numbers ever be zero? Thanks.

Those are outstanding numbers for repeat testing! You have done a good job. As far as a "zero" result, if a person actually came up with a zero, it would be a fluke. That's the reason they give you a range within the normal......anything within the labs quoted normal range is the amount which will not spark an autoimmune reaction. Everyone will ultimately ingest miniscule amounts of gluten but small amounts are not an issue or a problem. They haven't been for me and I am extremely sensitive. There really isn't any processed food which is totally devoid of gluten but that's not going to prevent you from a great recovery.

I tested about the same on repeat blood work, and considering what my numbers were at diagnosis, I was extremely happy with the results, along with my doctor.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks. I'm glad my adamant avoidance of gluten has paid off so well, and that all my extra steps have likely not been in vain.