Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ariauna

Flours*

I am a bit confused on something and thought I might find a quick answer here. I am cooking a turkey in a bag this year and it instructs you dust the bag with flour to avoid it bursting so I picked up some "Soy Flour" can I use the Soy Flour alone for this purpose and the purpose of coating baking pans?

The reason I ask is because I find many people use a "flour mix" instead of soy or rice flour "alone." I of course know when actually baking from scratch it would be better to use a mix but for a fast dusting does it really matter?

G.E.R.D September 1993

Egg Free November 1994

Menieres December 2006

Gluten Free April 2009

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am a bit confused on something and thought I might find a quick answer here. I am cooking a turkey in a bag this year and it instructs you dust the bag with flour to avoid it bursting so I picked up some "Soy Flour" can I use the Soy Flour alone for this purpose and the purpose of coating baking pans?

The reason I ask is because I find many people use a "flour mix" instead of soy or rice flour "alone." I of course know when actually baking from scratch it would be better to use a mix but for a fast dusting does it really matter?

I dust the bag with a spoonful of any kind of gluten-free flour, then poke holes in the top of the bag, after you put the turkey in it, or it blows up like a balloon.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28