Newbyliz

Merry Christmas! Gluten Free Since 12/1 Feel Awesome! But.......help!

Rate this topic

I had my second endoscopy on the first day of dec. and decided I would go gluten free regardless of what was seen. I have been through a year and a half of tests and found out that I am in the high risk genetic group 2 strands of the HLA-DQ2 plus lots of inflammation throughout digestive tract and vitamin b12 and d deficiencies. I can not express how much better I feel. It's so strange to notice the little things that you had forgotten were normal, like loud stomach gurgling and cramps, bloating, 8-12 loose stools a day which have gone down to 1-2 firm stools a day and the bloating and stomach rumbling are so much better since I went gluten free. I still have had a few issues since I started gluten free but nothing compared to before. I have made it through the holidays and learned in such a short time how to cook/bake things that are actually really good and even better to me since I feel so much better. But tonight, Christmas, I have had a little bit of stomach upset, gas and gurgling and the only thing I can contribute this to is the green bean casserole that was made with campbell's cream of mushroom soup. Does anyone know if this contains gluten? I have purchased the progresso brand which says it gluten free and thought maybe the campbell's was the same but am not sure. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND THANK YOU FOR ANY RESPONSES!!!

I'm pretty sure Campbell's has boatloads of gluten...

WATER, MUSHROOMS, WHEAT FLOUR, VEGETABLE OIL (CORN, COTTONSEED, CANOLA AND/OR PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN), CREAM, SALT, CORNSTARCH, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, DRIED WHEY, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, DRIED DAIRY BLEND (WHEY, CALCIUM CASEINATE), SPICE EXTRACT, YEAST EXTRACT, DEHYDRATED GARLIC.

I'm pretty sure most (if not all) of Campbell's Soups have gluten. Always, always, always read labels- even if you've used the product before.

Camobell's mushroom soup is poison, butr it is in so many recipes.

Go to your bookstore or library and get Robert St John's book "How to Survive in a Southern Kitchen Without a Can of Mushroom Soup" In the book there is a recipe for Mushroom bechamel sauce that can be used in place of the soup. Just use gluten free flour when you make it. Freeze it in can sized portions. When a recipe calls for mushroom soup, pull out your frozen sauce. It is much better tasting than canned soup, plus it is safe.

I use Health Valley Organic Cream of Mushroom soup. It is more wattery than Campbells Cream of Mushroom, but it tastes fine. Another ingredient you need to look at is the Durkee French Fried Onions that are full of Gluten too. We replaced them with Funyuns and it actually worked.

http://www.healthvalley.com/products/soupschilis.php