mweinand

Bread Machine

Rate this topic

I tried making Red Mill's bread machine mix last night. It turned out really heavy and alittle doughy on the bottom.

I used the Quick setting and 1lb loaf with light setting. Any suggestions??

This weekend I am going to try to create my own bread recipe for the bread machine.....Please share if you have one that you like. The Red Mill's mix I bought was almost $6 - so I am hoping to not have to buy it all the time.

If this is Bob's Red Mill products you are talking about, I have yet to find any of their products to my taste. ICK ICK ICK

But that's a personal taste opinion.

I tried making Red Mill's bread machine mix last night. It turned out really heavy and alittle doughy on the bottom.

I used the Quick setting and 1lb loaf with light setting. Any suggestions??

This weekend I am going to try to create my own bread recipe for the bread machine.....Please share if you have one that you like. The Red Mill's mix I bought was almost $6 - so I am hoping to not have to buy it all the time.

Pamela's bread mix is not bad, and made some rockin' french toast. I too look forward to using my own recipes, if only to save $$.

Just bumped into this recipe, has lots of comments:

http://www.recipezaar.com/57170

The Bob's Red Mill Homemade Wonderful Gluten free bread mix works for me if I use 1/4 cup less milk than the suggested amount. I use the 1.5 pound loaf setting and the gluten free cycle if your machine has one. It also comes out fine in the regular white bread cycle, tho. The extra kneading won't hurt your finished product.

i also realized that I liked this bread a whole lot more with the crusts cut off! It is my favorite for good old peanut butter and jelly.

As for the high cost, Amazon has it for about $4.00/package if you buy the case with 4 packages and use the Amazon prime for free shipping.

Going without bread altogether for about 6 months greatly improves the taste of gluten free bread when you finally make some! :D

Here is another recipe, its allergy friendly and Karina always has great recipes and loads of tips!

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2009...free-bread.html

I made it once w/o a bread machine and baked it in a toaster oven. The loaf didn't rise enough but sure tasted great. I made croutons and my dh ate them all (hates gluten-free food) :lol:

Sorghum makes it taste like homemade gluten white bread.

Going without bread altogether for about 6 months greatly improves the taste of gluten free bread when you finally make some! :D

I think it's been at least a year now. Maybe I should give it another shot.

best regards, lm

I couldn't use that link. Could you please check it? Thanks, lm

Thanks! I fixed it, it needed a dot ;):blink:

I had to try the link several times before it worked. Maybe the server is busy.

This link has lots of helpful bread making tips and some photos for oven baked bread:

http://gingerlemongirl.blogspot.com/2009/0...free-bread.html

I want to make her Almond Joy Impossible Pie, SOON! Her muffins look great too!

Update on bread mixes: I just made my second Pamela's loaf in my Kenmore bread machine, and it turned out PERFECT. I find myself actually craving the taste of this bread with just butter and honey on it. I'm going to use it for french toast, tomorrow, but I have to say - this is really good stuff, and I would like it whether or not it was gluten free. Well worth a shot in your bread machine. Follow the instructions EXACTLY, and it turns out very nice.

I found it for $5.25/bag at the grocery story (Giant in PA). I understand it's cheaper at the website-that-shall-not-be-named.

PS. Kinnikinnick buns and rolls from the freezer section are pretty tasty if you haven't tried them yet.

Pamela's bread mix is not bad, and made some rockin' french toast. I too look forward to using my own recipes, if only to save $$.

I used Pamala's Pancake and Baking flower to make my favorite chocolate cake, just substituted the flour (instead of the wheat flour) and it turned out ok. It didn't rise as much as the traditional recipe,but i later checked the box of baking soda,it had expired, so maybe that was why. I'll need to get some new baking soda and some aluminum free baking powder. Pamala's had the xamthum gum already in the mix, Bob's doesn't. I'm planning on trying his Pizza dough mix sometime soon.