jackay

Anyone Get Wierd Reaction From L-glutamine?

Rate this topic

My system is very sensitive. My doctor started me on L-Glutamine but told me to take it very slowly. I started with 1/3 of a 500 mg. capsule a day and now am taking a full capsule in the morning. I feel strange for a couple hours after taking it and then the feeling goes away. The bottle says to take 1-3 capsules daily. I will not increase my dose until I see my doctor again.

Since L-Glutamine is suppose to help with healing the intestines, how long does a person need to take it? Is it just a matter of a couple months or should I stay on it forever?

I am still trying to work out some insomnia issues. At this time, I don't want to risk it interfering with my sleep. If I sleep O.K. the next few nights, I'll give it a try at bedtime.

I got a big can of it when I was first diagnosed. I would put a couple teaspoons in some milk along with some Ovaltine Classic Chocolate. I never noticed anything untoward after drinking it.

best regards, lm

Also you could check with the company making your Brand to see if it's gluten free. Maybe they have a binder or filler that contains gluten.

The bottle states it contains no sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, corn, gluten, soy, dairy products, artificial flavoring, artificial coloring or preservatives. It contains rice flour and has a vegetable poysaccharide capsule. Never heard of the capsule ingredient before.

Still wondering how much I should take and how long I should take it. Today I didn't take any. I want to see if I quit smelling cigarette smoke when there is none. I can smell it in my house (at times) and at my brother's house. My brother is a smoker but only smokes outside. We haven't allowed smoking in our house for close to 30 years. It is so weird that I started smelling this. No one else does.