waitingdorothea

Lax - Caterina's Carries Gluten Free Products

Rate this topic

Just a head's up after an awesome discovery I made yesterday at LAX when trying to find something safe to eat for lunch.

Caterina's (I might have that slightly misspelled) at LAX (what appears to be a candy store from the outside, in the corridor for Gates 60-69) carries a large number of allergy-friendly products, including gluten free cookies, Allergaroos (although I didn't see a microwave), rice cakes, gluten free protein bars, squeeze containers of Justin's peanut butter, Nut Thins, etc. I saw a lot of products I recognized and some I hadn't seen before.

When I checked out, I mentioned to the cashier that this was the first time I'd ever seen such good gluten-free selection in an airport, and she said that the owner's spouse is gluten free and diabetic....which is why they stock allergy-friendly products.

(I'm not affiliated with them, just wanted people to know)

What airline since im usually on American around gate 40 --

thanks

ken

Just a head's up after an awesome discovery I made yesterday at LAX when trying to find something safe to eat for lunch.

Caterina's (I might have that slightly misspelled) at LAX (what appears to be a candy store from the outside, in the corridor for Gates 60-69) carries a large number of allergy-friendly products, including gluten free cookies, Allergaroos (although I didn't see a microwave), rice cakes, gluten free protein bars, squeeze containers of Justin's peanut butter, Nut Thins, etc. I saw a lot of products I recognized and some I hadn't seen before.

When I checked out, I mentioned to the cashier that this was the first time I'd ever seen such good gluten-free selection in an airport, and she said that the owner's spouse is gluten free and diabetic....which is why they stock allergy-friendly products.

(I'm not affiliated with them, just wanted people to know)

What airline since im usually on American around gate 40 --

thanks

ken

I was on United and was on the corridor next to the one with Caterina's - gates 70-77. I think in the corridor with gates 60-69, I saw Continental and United, but I also wasn't really paying attention.