Jeremiah

Mexico Trip

Rate this topic

I'm going to Mexico in Febuary, and the resort is all inclusive. Since food is free how do I make sure I don't get glutened or would any of you even risk it?

I'm going to Mexico in Febuary, and the resort is all inclusive. Since food is free how do I make sure I don't get glutened or would any of you even risk it?

There is usually a option which is cooked to order. Breakfast you can usually get eggs done as you like.

The biggest risk is the tortilla, at least if they are real corn ones you are OK but the tourist places often use fake (American style) ones.

Lunch/Dinner you can often get plain BBQ meat or fish. The quality of food is often pretty OK, even on the all inclusive.

It is always a risk though ... I thought I was OK with the bacon and then found it was cooked on bread.

Most of the bean dishes and salads are likely to be OK except for CC ... I always think the lowest risk is being first at breakfast ... still I got caught out with the breakfast so that was that for a week and after this I was staying in non-inclusive hotels.

Call them now to let them know what dates you will be visiting. Print out some gluten free dinning cards to take with you. Make sure to tell the place when you arrive that you need to eat gluten free and hand them a card.

You might post another topic with the name of the resort. Someone here may have stayed there and can give you helpful hints.

Drink lots of good quality tequila. I think it helps with accidental glutening. Be sure to take a supply of Immodium AD tablets. You may need them (not just for gluten, but for travelers D).

I was on a 9 day tour of the tequila producing region this year, and didn't get glutened once.

Good luck.

best regards, lm