jackay

This Multivitamin Sounds Good For The Gluten Intolerant.

Rate this topic

I just ran across this vitamin. It was developed for those that have had bariatric surgery. Since gluten and other food intolerances cause lack of absorption, this sounds like it would work for us, too. I'm going to discuss this with my doctor at my next visit.

This is what it says about it:

NEW High potency, rapid release tablets designed for smaller stomachs

In an individual with stomach acid concerns, typical multivitamin tablets with a varnish or shellac are slow to dissolve, negatively impacting absorption of vitamins and minerals. But not BX Essentials Multivitamin & Mineral with Iron.

Independently demonstrated by PillCam

Guest backboneexecutives
I just ran across this vitamin. It was developed for those that have had bariatric surgery. Since gluten and other food intolerances cause lack of absorption, this sounds like it would work for us, too. I'm going to discuss this with my doctor at my next visit.

This is what it says about it:

NEW High potency, rapid release tablets designed for smaller stomachs

In an individual with stomach acid concerns, typical multivitamin tablets with a varnish or shellac are slow to dissolve, negatively impacting absorption of vitamins and minerals. But not BX Essentials Multivitamin & Mineral with Iron.

Independently demonstrated by PillCam

I am more on the holistic/natural side of this so I understand if you don't agree, but I have been using Vita Synergy http://www.thesynergycompany.com/pages/vita-synergy.html and it is awesome. They recommend 4 a day but I started with 1 waited until I saw my body absorbed (bright yellow pee, your not absorbing) by day 2 I was absorbing and upped it to 2 a day and so on. It is 100% food and you are getting all of the required vitamins from food and NO GMO's , 100% organic, GLUTEN FREE.. it is awesome. We also use their greens. Amazing products.

I looked at both the men's and women's formulas. Those both contain barley grass. Personally these would make me very sick. If someone does decide to take these please, please watch for a reaction. Although barley and wheat grass are technically gluten free many of us will react.