Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StacyA

Land'o'lakes Website With Recipes And gluten-free Tips

I wanted to see if some old hot chocolate packets I have are gluten-free, so I went to the Land'O'Lakes website and was surprised to find a bunch of gluten-free baking recipes. (I'm not sure how far Land'O'Lakes products are distributed, but you all can access this website anywhere.)

http://www.landolakes.com/mealideas/gluten-free-recipes.cfm

I still need to find out for sure about the cocoa mixes ('Cocoa Classics'). They're TO DIE FOR, and I'm hoping I can still have them...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That's a great site--the chocolate chip cookie recipe is excellent! :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

That's a great site--the chocolate chip cookie recipe is excellent! :D

Have you made them? I haven't tried making gluten-free baked goods yet, and I think I've been a little scared.

I used to bake a lot (before gluten-free). I don't know if it's because those flour mixes look so complicated (I have probably 5 varieties and some xatham gum in my freezer) or because I'm afraid of what the end results will taste like (I've tried two store-bought types of gluten-free cookies, and they tasted like chalk!)

I still need to find out for sure about the cocoa mixes ('Cocoa Classics'). They're TO DIE FOR, and I'm hoping I can still have them...

Here's an email reply I got today (Dec 31, 2009) about their hot cocoa. I'll probably try it and track for any reaction:

"To date, the FDA and USDA have not defined the term "gluten free." LAND O LAKES

Have you made them? I haven't tried making gluten-free baked goods yet, and I think I've been a little scared.

I used to bake a lot (before gluten-free). I don't know if it's because those flour mixes look so complicated (I have probably 5 varieties and some xatham gum in my freezer) or because I'm afraid of what the end results will taste like (I've tried two store-bought types of gluten-free cookies, and they tasted like chalk!)

When I experiment with a new recipe, I make 1/2 a batch. Cookie flops make great ice cream sandwiches ;)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28