lhorton25

Gluten-free Honeymoon Resort?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone. I was recently diagnosed with Celiac, and am planning to be married in July. My fiance and I are trying to find a honeymoon destination.

Has anyone had experiences with resorts that have been accommodating of the diet? I do not want to spend my honeymoon sick! Any thoughts would be appreciated.

We are hoping to do a beach honeymoon somewhere!

Thanks!

All of the major resort hotesl here in Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii will do great gluten free meals. Four Seasons, Fairmont. Mauna Kea, Hilton Waikola all have chefs who are aware of it and all keep gluten-free foods isolated form regular foods. I think with the major resorts as long as you talk to the chef ahead of time and keep reminding them once your there, it should be no problem. I'll be glad ot get you names and numbers for the chefs here if you decided on Hawaii.

Congrats!

Hi everyone. I was recently diagnosed with Celiac, and am planning to be married in July. My fiance and I are trying to find a honeymoon destination.

Has anyone had experiences with resorts that have been accommodating of the diet? I do not want to spend my honeymoon sick! Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

All of the major resort hotesl here in Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii will do great gluten free meals. Four Seasons, Fairmont. Mauna Kea, Hilton Waikola all have chefs who are aware of it and all keep gluten-free foods isolated form regular foods. I think with the major resorts as long as you talk to the chef ahead of time and keep reminding them once your there, it should be no problem. I'll be glad ot get you names and numbers for the chefs here if you decided on Hawaii.

Congrats!

Thanks!

Congratulations! You are smart to be planning for your diet in your plans. I hope someone has some ideas.

If you can't find a resort how about a cruise? Royal Carribean do gluten free, and every day I got fab gluten-free bread and desserts! Just let them know when you book the cruise. Plus the entertainment is great!

If you can't find a resort how about a cruise? Royal Carribean do gluten free, and every day I got fab gluten-free bread and desserts! Just let them know when you book the cruise. Plus the entertainment is great!

Miila's Mom - thank you for that info. My husband is dying to go on another cruise, and I've been dreading to go...now I know we can both be happy!!

Congrats!

When my husband and I went on our honeymoon in 2001, I was not yet gluten free (not even sure I was gluten intolerant, at that time), but we went back to Hawaii in 2007, by which point I had been gluten (and dairy) free for four (and three, respectively) years. We stayed in bed and breakfasts that had kitchens we could cook in, and checked on a few restaurants ahead of time (many recommended on this site), and I had no problem avoiding gluten the entire trip. Having food on hand for the long days we were out snorkeling or hiking was harder, but that's always it's own challenge, especially since I'm hypoglycemic and tend to need food every few hours.

Find a place you WANT to go, and then figure out how to make it work gluten free. In the vast majority of cases, you'll work it out just fine!