purple

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Rate this topic

I made this recipe today, thought someone might be interested:

http://www.recipezaar.com/79944

Very easy and yummy! Over 200 comments....to read :blink:

These would be easy to freeze for a fast meal ;)

My dh said they would be good w/o bacon too.

I skipped the butter and sprinkled on pepper and Mrs. Dash and only put 1/2 slice of bacon on top of each piece of chicken.

Thanks Jestgar for the idea!

Chicken and bacon is always a good combo and those sound great. I made boneless skinless chicken thighs like that with some goat cheese and sundried tomato in the middle of the roll-up and they were delicious. Unfortunately, I can't have cooked tomato of any kind anymore. Am thinking of putting some kalamata olives or mushrooms sauteed with thyme in instead. Any other ideas of subbing for the sundried tomato?

This is officially in my cooking repertoire - I can't wait to try it. Thanks for another great recipe, purple!

That sounds fabulous! It is definitely getting added to my "must try list!"

-Becky

Purple - this was amazing. I made it last night for some company, and it turned out awesome! Paired with some baked basmati, dessert of gluten-free banana date bread and pumpkin ice cream, it made a delicious meal.

Thank you!

Purple - this was amazing. I made it last night for some company, and it turned out awesome! Paired with some baked basmati, dessert of gluten-free banana date bread and pumpkin ice cream, it made a delicious meal.

Thank you!

lol...I wish I was invited to your house for dinner last night ;) Glad you liked it! Can you pass me your recipe for pumpkin ice cream, I have always wanted to make it! (and eat it too of course)

We tried this tonight- it was good- but he wasn't sold on it. Our oven is older and the broiler only sets off the smoke alarm.

Instead of cream cheese and chives I mixed it with some white wine mustard- it complimented the bacon really well.

I served it with a homemade potatoes au gratin- I think over all it was an artery clogger but it was definitely the tasty meal I needed after the bad day I had!

[/font}

Thank you! This sounds wonderful. Don't laugh but I currently have 7 cartons of reduced fat cream cheese and chives in the fridge, plus the two that are open (one strictly gluten-free and one contaminated by the husband). I often have corn tortillas rolled up with cream cheese in the middle for breakfast when the husband has his bagels and cream cheese. Not exactly the same but good enough!

This recipe sounds so good and easy, too!

Thank you! This sounds wonderful. Don't laugh but I currently have 7 cartons of reduced fat cream cheese and chives in the fridge, plus the two that are open (one strictly gluten-free and one contaminated by the husband). I often have corn tortillas rolled up with cream cheese in the middle for breakfast when the husband has his bagels and cream cheese. Not exactly the same but good enough!

This recipe sounds so good and easy, too!

I won't laugh...I had never tried flavored cream cheese before but I wrote down 2 cartons on my grocery list b/c we love it now :P Found a new fave! I made 8 "chicken wraps" and I ate 2 and my dh ate the other 6, we will have this often..I didn't even get to freeze any :huh:

Hey purple - I gotta tell you - the pumpkin ice cream is Edy's. :) It was their holiday flavor, and it is probably the best I've ever had. I made everything BUT the ice cream.

PS - I forgot to get the chive cream cheese and got regular. So I added some dried chives and garlic powder, and it tasted great.

Hey purple - I gotta tell you - the pumpkin ice cream is Edy's. :) It was their holiday flavor, and it is probably the best I've ever had. I made everything BUT the ice cream.

PS - I forgot to get the chive cream cheese and got regular. So I added some dried chives and garlic powder, and it tasted great.

Thanks! I have never had it before :angry::lol: