Roda

Waffles

Rate this topic

I sucessfully made waffles today! :P I had gotten rid of my waffle iron after I was diagnosed last year and I have not eaten any in over a year. My mom bought me a cuisinart waffle iron for Christmas and I thought, "I can do this." My first attempt about a week ago was a complete disaster. NASTY! :angry: I found a recipe online today that I thought I would try. I used a sorghum mix that I got from Purple. The only thing I did different was add a little bit of stevia extract powder, 2 TBSP of erythritol, and 2 tsp. xanthan gum. They were really good. My boys said they were "great, better than last time." The only trouble I had was over filling the iron and making a mess. :lol: Here is the link to the recipe:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Gluten-Free-Waffles-40362

FYI, the flour mix I used was 1 1/2 cups sorghum flour, 1 1/2 cups cornstarch, and 1 cup tapioca flour

Made waffles from the Tom Sawyer flour and a recipe off their website for Xmas morning and they were absolutely great! Not crumbly and very tender. I was also able to save a couple for the next day- popped them into the toaster and still great! Maybe try some.

Made waffles from the Tom Sawyer flour and a recipe off their website for Xmas morning and they were absolutely great! Not crumbly and very tender. I was also able to save a couple for the next day- popped them into the toaster and still great! Maybe try some.

I have used Tom Sawyer flour and it made great pancakes. Never made waffles, but I bet it would do well! :) Glad you liked them. I had also used Better Batter and it made horrible pancakes but great cakes. Otherwise I like my blend for every thing else. My non gluten free husband prefers the sorghum mix better because he does not like the grittiness of the rice based flour blends.

I am glad your waffles turned out! I used to hate waffles until I tried a gluten-free/vegan version and now that is the only recipe I make :rolleyes: (only kids are gluten-free). I make them with berries for my dh and choc chip for me. Berries and choc chip for oldest dd and plain for youngest dd :blink: Try them with choc chips, whipped cream and a drizzle of choc syrup for a special day if you can have dairy. Mini chips work best.