Wolicki

My Ear Is Driving Me Crazy!

Rate this topic

I am getting periodic bouts of weirdness. It's almost like I can feel my pulse in my ear, but only in my left, and it's not quite like a pulse, but pounding. It's only in the little curvy thing that sticks out of the bottom of the ear. It's very hard to describe, but very annoying! It starts, lasts about 5 seconds, goes away for a minute or so, them comes back. This goes on for about 4 hours, then goes away for a week or so then starts again. anyone have any idea what this is? Thanks!

I am getting periodic bouts of weirdness. It's almost like I can feel my pulse in my ear, but only in my left, and it's not quite like a pulse, but pounding. It's only in the little curvy thing that sticks out of the bottom of the ear. It's very hard to describe, but very annoying! It starts, lasts about 5 seconds, goes away for a minute or so, them comes back. This goes on for about 4 hours, then goes away for a week or so then starts again. anyone have any idea what this is? Thanks!

anyone? Or is this yet another of my unexplained medical mysteries? :blink:

... the little curvy thing that sticks out of the bottom of the ear.

If the little curvy thing is your ear lobe, could it be that you have pierced ears and one of them is infected? Admittedly, the only experience I have is my daughters but I think I remember their mom trying to dissuade them from piercing their ears by using the specter of infection among other things.

If the little curvy thing is your ear lobe, could it be that you have pierced ears and one of them is infected? Admittedly, the only experience I have is my daughters but I think I remember their mom trying to dissuade them from piercing their ears by using the specter of infection among other things.

Nope, not the ear lobe, the little part that sticks out closest to my head across from my jawbone on the inside of the ear. I am thinking maybe this is some kind of tinnutis?

I have this in my right ear. It started 2-3 years ago. I've asked several doctors about it and have been told that my eardrum is "slightly drawn in" which means there is some fluid behind it. I've asked a family doctor, internist, and an ear nose and throat doctor about it. I've been examined, had my hearing checked (normal) and the consensus is that it's a eustachian tube issue.

I have been prescribed Nasacort AQ. I also use Claritin and a neti pot. These measures help but nothing has been successful in stopping the plugged feeling/hearing pulse completely. It comes and goes. I do notice that when I'm anxious it's worse.

I might have experienced something similar from time to time. It was like a fast thumping sound. Sorta reminded me of a rabbit, rapidly stomping one foot.

I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't usually persist very long. The one thing I've noticed which effects hearing is blood pressure. I guess it's similar to the effects of going up to a high altitude.

This may seem weird, but do you hear anything if you close your eyes very tightly, and swallow hard?