JillianLindsay

Stock & Barrel Bulk Foods

Rate this topic

Hi all,

I'm home in Toronto visiting for the holidays. My mother-in-law purchased some snacks for me for the plane ride home. They were all Stock & Barrel bulk foods products (packaged by Reddi Snack in Toronto, owned by JohnVince Foods): Toasted Corn (Chili Lemon flavour), yogurt covered raisins & yogurt covered almonds. The ingredients seem fine, but I've never been clear on the "rules" around powders. When I was newly diagnosed I was told to be wary of powders as well as natural & artificial flavours on ingredients lists and these products all list powders and artificial & natural flavours.

Has anyone eaten bulk products from Reddi Snacks or Stock & Barrel (or JohnVince Foods for that matter)? I emailed them, but my flight is tomorrow and I don't expect to get an answer before then. I don't have the time (or patience) to list the ingredients for all three, but I'll post the ingredients for the Toasted Corn. Input would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

Corn, Corn Oil, Salt, Maltodextrin, Spices, Onion Powder, Monosodium Glutamate, Citric Acid, Garlic Powder, Chili Pepper, Tomato Powder, Natural AND Artificial Flavour, MAY CONTAIN Peanuts and/or Tree Nuts.

If it contained wheat I imagine it would be listed in the "may contain" section, however I worry about hidden sources of gluten in the powders. I think it's fine, but I don't want to take any chances, I'm already sick with a fever & cough!

Thanks again,

Jillian

I see this brand often and never remember to call - have you heard from them? I'm curious to their response.

Hi,

No answer yet. There was no website or phone number on the package, so I had to track them down through three different company names lol. I emailed them through the JohnVince website, not sure if I ever will receive a response. The ingredients seemed perfectly fine, so I tried a very small amount last night (after my flight, just in case!) and had no reaction. I think they're fine, but if I'm not 100% sure I like to hear it straight from the manufacturer.

I'll let you know if I do :)

Jillian

I see this brand often and never remember to call - have you heard from them? I'm curious to their response.

thanks!