adrhey

Chocolate Dream Candy Bars By Rice Dream

Rate this topic

Am wondering if anyone has any info on these new candy bars by rice dream

Dark chocolate raspberryu, crunch dark chocolate. I react to their rice milk & have to discontinue using it. am also wondering about their ice cream the cocoa marble fudge?

Dark chocolate raspberryu, crunch dark chocolate. I react to their rice milk & have to discontinue using it. am also wondering about their ice cream the cocoa marble fudge?

I will not eat anything made by the Rice Dream company. I am not super sensitive and have not had a reaction, but I find their practice of using a barley-derived flavoring (however small an amount) in some of their products while not declaring it on the label and actually marking the product "Gluten Free" to be dishonest and abhorrent. Rice Dream makes a lot of Celiacs sick, and their excuse that it tests below 20ppm is no excuse for knowingly labeling something Gluten Free when it contains a gluten ingredient.

I don't necessarily get sick from single incidences of small contamination (like a glass of Rice Dream) but I find that when I take "risks" (such as eating in a restaurant or at a friend's house) that after a few times I start to feel crummy. And if I ignore it and keep taking the risks, I start to feel worse, until eventually I get a full-blown gluten reaction. Drinking Rice Dream would be like eating out for me -- probably wouldn't hurt once in a great while but I bet if I made it part of my regular diet for a week I'd regret it.

In short, I wouldn't trust it. Especially if Rice Dream has made you sick.

Oh my gosh - I've been feeling weird the last few days, and I couldn't put a finger on it. I just had some of this bar - the rice milk chocolate - over the weekend. It never occurred to me it might be the rice dream. I had not idea that they weren't gluten free. Thank you for point it out. I'll never try that again!

Enjoy Life makes a safe and tasty candy bar. They are gluten, soy, and dairy free and made in a dedicated facility. I like the Dark Chocolate, but they also have a "Milk Chocolate" (made with rice milk), and a M/C with crispy rice. :)

I was dairy free for 5 years and reacted to Rice Dream.

Enjoy Life makes a safe and tasty candy bar. They are gluten, soy, and dairy free and made in a dedicated facility. I like the Dark Chocolate, but they also have a "Milk Chocolate" (made with rice milk), and a M/C with crispy rice. :)

I was dairy free for 5 years and reacted to Rice Dream.

Jerseyangel - thanks! I'll try them the next time I see them. I'm glad you said something or I probably would have avoided them, too. Although, I got to say...the more healthy food and less processed, sugary foods I eat, the less I crave them.

I tried them, and they gave me a stomach ache. Not sure what it is about Rice Dream products, but I can't tolerate them at all. I switched to another brand of rice milk and am continuing to look for good chocolate, although the further I get into the whole gluten-free diet, the less I want the sugar. So weird :)