eeyore

Picture Problems ...

Rate this topic

I might have missed seeing a topic for this if there's already one started, but with this new format I find I am unable to upload any pictures/avatars/etc. The place to do it is there, but the upload is always failing. Is there somebody who could help with this?

What kind of error message is it giving you? The most common error is for size. For an av it must be less than 50kb . . . the resizing that is mentioned is for pixels only.

I tried to upload a photo for my profile page and it failed with a notice to notify admin (which I will).

I was able to upload a photo for my av without any problems.

Can you give me any more details?

I just found out that my avatar worked ...but not the profile photo.

The red section is simply notifying me that the 'upload failed'. I'm meeting all the requirements for pixels/kB ...since it still isn't working I will notify the admin.

Hi Janet,

I'm also having problems uploading a picture. I did have a picture in my profile before & I wanted to change it, but I try to upload the new one & I get an error message "the upload failed -please contact the administrator." I know I'm also meeting the picture size requirements. What should I do?

Thanks!

I think it's a software/board issue. I've sent an email to the board admin so he is aware of it. I'm sure he'll get to it, but it is probably not a top priority compared to some of the other things that need to be tweaked from this major site upgrade. When I hear back from him, I'll let you know on this thread.

I think it's a software/board issue. I've sent an email to the board admin so he is aware of it. I'm sure he'll get to it, but it is probably not a top priority compared to some of the other things that need to be tweaked from this major site upgrade. When I hear back from him, I'll let you know on this thread.

I'm also getting the "upload failed, notify administrator" message. I was going to have my husband give it a try because he is more computer savy than me, but it seems that there is a technical problem. I've gone this long without a photo, so there's no rush. On a more positive note, I'm getting more experience making photos smaller, and cropping them, and resizing.

I've noticed that the wording for photos says change photo, and not add photo. Since I never had an original photo posted, maybe this is why I can't change it.

There is definitely a techincal issue with the new board software with repsect to personal pictures. It is one of several known issues that we are looking at.

Most personal photos which were in place prior to the upgrade are not being displayed. It seems that all upload attempts are failing.

A fix has now been applied that should have resolved the upload problem. If your photo is not being displayed correctly, please upload it again.

Edited by psawyer

Mine loaded!!! :D

So did mine. :)