Rate this topic

This is my first time at this site and I have been reading through a lot of the forum entries. I feel like I fit into some scenarios and not others.

Since I was 14 (now 24) I have experienced several stomach cramps and bloating. Endless trips running to the bathroom. College was awful, always sharing a bathroom. The pains felt like contractions, severe stabbing pains, often leaving me in tears and embarrassed. I've have two colonoscopies before the age of 21. I was told I had diverticulosis and IBS (which is the most frustrating diagnosis). No matter what I never feel good. I am either constipated (for days sometimes) or running to the bathroom, I have itchy skin, eczema on both elbows, both shins and now both hands.

In the last two years, I have tried two detoxes, both of which got rid of my horrible Eczema (maybe DH? however not blistery)but it always came back. I eat a relatively low gluten diet but recently have not been caring much about it. My skin eczema came back (had been gone for almost a year) I am extremely fatigued to the point where I make it to work, then pass out on the couch until bed time, I get insanely bloated to the point where people will comment (I am a small female, so it is really noticeable) And in the last couple months I have started to have a stinky body odor...and...my teeth are chipping.

The first of the year I cut out gluten and caffeine. My elbows feel like they are clearing up and I do feel a bit more energy (maybe placebo?). Does this sounds like Celiac? Or anything similar? Please help! I'm really frustrated with my health, at 24 I can hardly stay awake sometimes.

I forgot to include a few things!

1. Acid Reflux

2. Severe Vitamin D deficiency (take supplements)

3. Got tested 4 years ago..came back negative, but the doctor kind of thought it was a joke asking to be tested so I honestly don't trust that...

Thanks!

I forgot to include a few things!

1. Acid Reflux

2. Severe Vitamin D deficiency (take supplements)

3. Got tested 4 years ago..came back negative, but the doctor kind of thought it was a joke asking to be tested so I honestly don't trust that...

Thanks!

I am not diagnosed as my blood tests were negative but I have many of your symptoms. I have been on gluten-free diet since November and I really feel a difference. My acid reflux is gone. No more diarrhea. The rash on my legs disappeared. I've gotten glutened a few times by accident and each time I get the rash back so I don't think it's a coincidence or placebo effect. If I were you I would of course keep my doctors visits in case there is something else at play but otherwise stick to the gluten-free diet and see if it helps!

Diagnosed with celiac disease and having IBS, i happened upon several SCD sites (this one is the most informative). this was over three years ago. i read "Breaking The Vicious Cycle" and adopted their dietary recommendations. nearly all the symptons i had (and there were over a dozen-some being life threatening) are gone. the diet requires a total life style change. it is difficult to follow , but it saved my life. if interested start here http://www.healingcrow.com/dietsmain/scd/scd.html

It sounds like you might be one of us. If the gluten-free diet is working, stay off the gluten for as long as you can. If you get better and better, I would say you definitely have either a gluten intolerance and/or allergy or even celiac disease.

If a actual diag is important, you'll need to be eating gluten...if not, stay gluten free and be well! B)