twe0708

Beer And Celiac Disease

Rate this topic

My husband still drinks beer and does everyday so I never get to kiss him like a husband and wife but more like a friend on the cheek. Does anyone else out there have this problem or did your spouse quit drinking beer since you were diagnosed? Also, how do you kiss you spouse if they still eat food containing gluten?

My husband still drinks beer and does everyday so I never get to kiss him like a husband and wife but more like a friend on the cheek. Does anyone else out there have this problem or did your spouse quit drinking beer since you were diagnosed? Also, how do you kiss you spouse if they still eat food containing gluten?

My husband is not a beer drinker anymore. The last 6 pack lasted well over 6 months. He is on some medications and he can't consume much in the way of alcohol any more. On the rare occasion he has a beer he knows to brush his teeth and thats that. He is really good about this after eating gluten stuff too. As far as I know I have not had any problems. He will even tell me if a soda bottle is safe for me or not if we sometimes share a drink.

My guy drinks beer, eats bread. I've never been glutened from kissing him. But with jobs and teenagers and all the talk about BM's, passion has been on the back burner for a long time!

My wife still drinks beer and eats all forms of gluten. Not a problem with me. IMO, you're being too paranoid. The gluten in beer is miniscule to begin with.

richard

My hubby drinks beer & eats gluteny food. I get a kiss on the cheek afterward, but I'm only worried when I can see evidence of gluten on him (a crumb or a drop of the beer on his lip), haven't had a problem yet :)

Thanks for all the replys! Not too paranoid, just going by what I read on this site!

I wait a while after my husband has eaten anything glutenous, but I certainly don't not kiss him. :)