Alice in Wheatland

Introduction From Me In Salem, Oregon

Rate this topic

Hello,

I have used this site for awhile but have never actually been a forum member. I used to just look up information when I needed it. I figured I'd join now and maybe I can meet some like-minded people as well as be helpful where possible.

My name is Debbie but my friends call me by my middle name, which is Mercy. I live in Salem, Or but spent 27 years as a native New Yorker and then some time in Callie's Bay Area before moving here.

I am a single mom and am a non-diagnosed Celiac. I was sick for a long time before they found out and a long time after until they found out about the casein.

I just thought I'd say hi...so "Hello!"

~Mercy~

Hello,

I have used this site for awhile but have never actually been a forum member. I used to just look up information when I needed it. I figured I'd join now and maybe I can meet some like-minded people as well as be helpful where possible.

My name is Debbie but my friends call me by my middle name, which is Mercy. I live in Salem, Or but spent 27 years as a native New Yorker and then some time in Callie's Bay Area before moving here.

I am a single mom and am a non-diagnosed Celiac. I was sick for a long time before they found out and a long time after until they found out about the casein.

I just thought I'd say hi...so "Hello!"

~Mercy~

Hello, Mercy, and welcome to the forum as a member. We look forward to your valuable contributions. You are not alone in having problems with casein as well as gluten, as you have no doubt found out. Nor are you alone in being undiagnosed :P That seems to be the fate of so many of use. Maybe the diagnostic criteria will change come the enlightenment :rolleyes:

Welcome to the site....officially....

Glad you've found someplace to help you towards health.

Hello, Mercy, and welcome to the forum as a member. We look forward to your valuable contributions. You are not alone in having problems with casein as well as gluten, as you have no doubt found out. Nor are you alone in being undiagnosed :P That seems to be the fate of so many of use. Maybe the diagnostic criteria will change come the enlightenment :rolleyes:

I want to thank you so much for the warm welcome. I am glad to be amongst people who understand that I am not mentally ill, depressed, a hypochondriac or any other of the weird stuff that has made me feel so alone.~M

I want to thank you so much for the warm welcome. I am glad to be amongst people who understand that I am not mentally ill, depressed, a hypochondriac or any other of the weird stuff that has made me feel so alone.~M

Welcome. I'm also in Oregon, though on the other side of the mountains near Sisters and Bend and Terrebonne and such. Glad to have you!

Hello Mercy. My name is Pamm and I am from Michigan. Today is day 5 of my gluten free journey. I do not think that I have Celiac disease, but I do believe that I am gluten intolerant or at least sensitive. I have been working with my chiropractor who is also a holistic practitioner since July. After realizing that none of her protocols for addressing my issues were working, she suggested that I try a gluten free diet. I received a juicer for Christmas and at that time became willing to do some research into being gluten free. I quickly realized that the symptoms I was most concerned about are the same as those with Celiac disease. So now I am giving it a try. I have struggled with sobiety for over 10 years now. It was interesting to realize that my drinking bouts also initiated cold/sinus issues. It is no wonder since I was ingesting even more gluten every time I drank. I thank God for putting people in my life to help me understand what was going on with my body, and the willingness to change and adopt a healthier lifestyle.