blessedmomto3a

Safe White Chocolate

Rate this topic

My birthday is coming up in about two months and I am new to all of this - my husband and kids keep asking what white chocolate they can get me for my birthday (as they use to get me either Lindt truffles or Godiva). Is there any white chocolate that is safe? I know I read on the Lindt and Godiva websites that they are not gluten free so I am not sure what else to try. Also we found a gluten free cake mix - are most store bought icings gluten free?

I am trying to be prepared as the kids want to be able to celebrate like usual (and I missed so much at Christmas due to not knowing what I could eat - I think they don't want to see me left out again).

I have really enjoyed this board as all of this is overwhelming. Thank you so much!

Blessings,

Leah

Toblerone white chocolate are gluten free! And delicious :)

Icing can be made at home extremely easily -- I can provide a really simple recipe if you like.

Have a happy birthday :)

Jillian

My birthday is coming up in about two months and I am new to all of this - my husband and kids keep asking what white chocolate they can get me for my birthday (as they use to get me either Lindt truffles or Godiva). Is there any white chocolate that is safe? I know I read on the Lindt and Godiva websites that they are not gluten free so I am not sure what else to try. Also we found a gluten free cake mix - are most store bought icings gluten free?

I am trying to be prepared as the kids want to be able to celebrate like usual (and I missed so much at Christmas due to not knowing what I could eat - I think they don't want to see me left out again).

I have really enjoyed this board as all of this is overwhelming. Thank you so much!

Blessings,

Leah

Thank you! I would love the recipe for the icing! Thanks so much in advance for your help - have a great day! Blessings, Leah

np :) just beat together 3 tablespoons of butter (if you keep butter in the fridge, it helps to leave it out to soften), 1.5 cups of icing sugar, 1.5 tablespoons of milk, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla (or to taste). Icinig is mainy just sugar! Just beat until smooth (an icing-like texture) and enjoy!

Leah, No reason to be left out of any holiday or celebration. What do you usually have on your Birthday? You may have to change a few recipes but you should be able to have your favorite things.

Betty Crocker makes gluten free cake, cookie and brownie mixes plus some of their canned frostings are gluten free. If you like Almond flavored things my Almond Cream Cake is great (if you can have dairy and almonds).

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=65090&st=0&p=584453&hl=cream%20cake%20almond&fromsearch=1&#entry584453