curiousgeorge

Ttg Dropped But Not Enough

Rate this topic

My ttg pre dx in 2008 was 74. I had my first followup in december and it was 25 with the cutoff of normal at 20. GI is concerned. I thought I was doing a good job. I've checked shampoo, toothpaste etc.

HELP.

My ttg pre dx in 2008 was 74. I had my first followup in december and it was 25 with the cutoff of normal at 20. GI is concerned. I thought I was doing a good job. I've checked shampoo, toothpaste etc.

HELP.

Do you take any scripts? Generics need to be checked at each refill even if marketed by the same company. Do you eat out at all? How much processed mainstream food? Feed pets gluten food? Work with gluten containing stuff in your job or hobbies like glues, drywall, clays etc?

That said how are you feeling? Are you having any symptoms of CC frequently?

Big no to all of these things. Dog is fed gluten but its in the basement and I don't go near it. I'm stumped. I cook 99.9% of what I eat.

Big no to all of these things. Dog is fed gluten but its in the basement and I don't go near it. I'm stumped. I cook 99.9% of what I eat.

Me to. That isn't a really high reading and I have heard that we sometimes never go down all the way into a negative reading. Don't know if that is true or not.

I do know that with DH it can take up to 2 years for the antibodies to totally clear out of the skin. Perhaps the same can be true of the blood.

Hopefully someone a bit more knowledgeable about this will reply.

GI said he'd like it around 6 and accused me of cheating which I don't knowingly do.

I don't really have any symptoms anymore which is good.

I think most docs have this one all wrong...tTG seems to take time to fall to normal levels in lots of people, despite the gluten-free diet. I recently read an article in the Digestive and Liver Disease Journal, which followed biopsy-diagnosed celiacs in the first year of recovery; at the end of the year, most of the subjects still had elevated tTG IGA levels (although they had all dropped significantly).

Here's the article name, in case you want to check it out yourself:

"Dynamics of celiac disease - specific serology after initiation of a gluten-free diet and use in the assessment of compliance with treatment," E. Sugai, et al.

I think most docs have this one all wrong...tTG seems to take time to fall to normal levels in lots of people, despite the gluten-free diet. I recently read an article in the Digestive and Liver Disease Journal, which followed biopsy-diagnosed celiacs in the first year of recovery; at the end of the year, most of the subjects still had elevated tTG IGA levels (although they had all dropped significantly).

Here's the article name, in case you want to check it out yourself:

"Dynamics of celiac disease - specific serology after initiation of a gluten-free diet and use in the assessment of compliance with treatment," E. Sugai, et al.

Thank you!!!! I obviously have dropped a lot going from 74 to 25 but not enough to make him happy.